As a new member of KDP staff, I am absolutely thrilled to be attending my very first KDP Convo next week in Dallas. I’m a first timer, and I know that many of you are, too, so I wanted to share the top five things I’m most excited about. If you’re planning on coming to Dallas, share your reasons in the comments!
5. Zumba: Did you know that we’re hosting a Zumba fund-raiser at 7 a.m. on Friday? Professional instructors from Dallas Zumba Gals will be leading the event. A $5 minimum donation is required, and all funds go to support Literacy Alive! I hope to see many of you there.
4. Meeting Laureates: The men and women who make up our Laureate Chapter are education rock stars (ED Faye is giddy to meet them). Convo is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to not only meet them, but to also chat one-on-one with them. You can bet I’ll be at the head of the line.
3. Amazing Workshops: Attendees have the chance to attend 10 hours of workshops from more than 150 sessions. 150 sessions! There really is something for everyone at this conference. And, if you want to set your agenda before you get to Convo, check out our mobile app, EventMobi, where you can see all of the workshops right now!
2. Celebration Banquet: This year marks the 49th biennial Convo, and as a staff member, I’ve seen photos from decades past of this formal event. I can’t wait to be a part of it, celebrate some deserving award winners, and hear from 2013 National Teacher of the Year Jeff Charbonneau.
1. Meeting All of You: Convo is the premiere opportunity for KDP members to network with one another, and there are so many of you I want to meet. If you see someone with a huge smile and a camera around their neck, that’s probably me. Say hello! I’m looking forward to Connecting in a Big Way with all of you.