Teacher Appreciation Week is quickly approaching—what a great time to share with the world why you’re proud to be a teacher!
KDP is looking to feature stories, photos, videos, and more, from teachers like you; we love a Celebration of Teaching!
We want to see and hear about your classroom experiences, mentors, lives you’ve touched, and what keeps you inspired in your work.
So, we’ve launched a contest that runs through Tuesday, April 30, with winners announced by early May.
1 Grand Prize Winner Will Be Chosen
- $1,000 check
- Story featured in the New Teacher Advocate
- Free Convo registration
- Story featured on blog and in email during National Teacher Week (5/6-5/10)
4 Runner-Up Prize Winners Will Be Chosen
- $250 check
- Story featured on blog during National Teacher Week (5/6-5/10)
In order to be entered into the contest:
- Post your story on the Educator Learning Network using the hashtag #WhyITeach; and
- Share your story on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram with the hashtag #WhyITeach and tag @KappaDeltaPi.
What is the Educator Learning Network?
We’re glad you asked! The ELN is our new online learning environment and social community. Learn more at https://eln.kdp.org, and post your story by clicking on “Take Me to the KDP Network” (the second blue button). You’ll be asked to log into your member account—or, if you’re not a member yet, you can create a free account!
How will winners be chosen?
While we anticipate wanting to re-tell each and every story, we are limited to just 5 that we select. Ultimately, we are looking for heart-warming, inspirational, and encouraging stories about the teaching profession.
If you have any questions, please contact Chris Beaman, Director of Advancement & Communications, by emailing email@example.com or by calling 800-284-3167.