Here is a quick update of what you need to know this week:
- KDP has been invited (by the office of the U.S. Secretary of Education) to recommend individuals qualified for nomination to one of five open positions on the National Assessment Governing Board, the entity that sets policy for the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP)—better known as The Nation’s Report Card. If you are interested in being considered as one of Kappa Delta Pi’s nominees for these significant appointments, please complete the application form and submit it with a résumé or curriculum vitae to Kappa Delta Pi Headquarters by October 23, 2015. Call 800-284-3167 or email Faye Snodgress, Executive Director, at email@example.com with questions.
- While registration has officially closed for #KDPconvo15, it’s not to late to attend! Onsite registrations are available and include the full conference. We look forward to seeing you in beautiful Orlando, FL!
- Did you know that you could get $100 for a literacy project in your school and community? Unlike our Classroom Teacher Grants, this signature service initiative and funding opportunity does not have a limit for how many stipends are given. Learn more here!
- Education policy has long been a matter of concern for the nation and the states. Our federal system, however, does not clearly specify the role government plays in this critical policy area. In order to be effective educators, we must understand the dynamics of this system and work within its structure to improve the quality of education for all participants. Tomorrow, October 13 at 8:00 p.m. (Eastern), learn how educators, including YOU, can make a difference.
- We need YOUR help in raising $9,000 for our members in Nigeria, and we are asking each member (or friend of KDP) to give $9 to provide much needed support.
Chris Beaman is the Manager of Marketing & Communications for Kappa Delta Pi.